Working with financial systems and contributing to the smooth and efficient running of financial processes.
Salary: £30,507 to £33,799
Hours: 37 hours per week
Look to apply now and become a valued member of our Support Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
· We will deliver a supportive and rewarding work environment and help you shape a Personal Development Plan to really boost your career
· The opportunity to be part of a small team working together to develop even better ways of working
· Agile working practices giving you the flexibility to work in a way that meets your needs and the needs of the Council
· Access to some excellent benefits including generous annual leave and discounts to name a few
What we’re looking for…
· A great team player who will be positioned within a thriving learning environment, and will be encouraged to develop their knowledge and experiences, whilst managing their own workload with a commitment to personal and professional development.
· Someone comfortable working at pace to deliver priorities and committed to delivering an excellent customer focussed service whilst working on a range of financial activities and projects
· An individual who is familiar working with financial systems, who can contribute to the smooth and efficient running of financial processes, by delivering, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing functionality.
Ideally you will be professionally qualified or part qualified CCAB (e.g. CIPFA / ACCA / CIMA) and have gained valuable experience working within the public and/or private sector. You can demonstrate strong commercial acumen to support the delivery of our commercial strategy along with a broad range of financial and accounting skills with the experience to shape and meet the requirements of the role and develop best practice.
You will be based in the SSDC office in Brympton Way, Yeovil where we operate agile working practices, but may need to travel to other offices, authorities and agencies in the region. We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities. Come and help us achieve that!
Please contact Nicola Hix, Lead Specialist – Finance firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Davis, Specialist Services Manager email@example.com should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing Date – 5pm 12/7/19
Job Ref – 1777