Specialist Building Control
Examining plans, site inspections, keeping accurate records, enforcement of legislation and dealing effectively with dangerous structures.
Salary: £29,909 – £38,052 (Dependent on qualifications/experience)
We have two exciting opportunities for experienced and qualified or nearly qualified Building Control professionals to join us. Look to apply now and become a valued member of the Specialist Services Team – Building Control, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of a newly formed team coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- An annual leave entitlement of 36 days per year minimum (including Bank Holidays) and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 10% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for…
- Individuals committed to delivering excellent customer focussed service whilst performing their main duties including examination of plans, site inspections, keeping accurate records, enforcement of legislation and dealing effectively with dangerous structures
- Great team players who are experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to manage their own workload, work under pressure to deadlines and use their own initiative with minimal supervision
- Those with excellent knowledge of the relevant technical guidance and current legislation, being able to demonstrate superb professional assessment skills applicable to more complex and technically challenging commercial and residential cases
Preferably you should hold a degree (e.g. Building Control Surveying/Building Surveying) or have a minimum HNC in Building Construction with significant and relevant construction industry experience and hold or be actively working towards a recognised professional qualification (e.g. MRICS/MCABE). Ideally you will be professionally qualified (e.g. MRICS/MCABE/MCIOB) with significant experience working within a Local Authority or Approved Inspector Building Control Team. A full driving licence will be required for the post.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing Date – 10am 17/12/18
Job Ref – 1704