MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician
Delivering an excellent, efficient and professional service within our new MOT facility and vehicle workshop.
Salary: £22,021 to £25,295
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have a vacancy within our department. Look to apply now and become a valued member of the Environmental Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
This is an opportunity to work within a team to deliver an excellent, efficient and professional service within our new MOT facility and vehicle workshop. The role involves maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing the in-house fleet along with those of our external customers. We are looking for the following skills:
· Attention to detail, proactive, with a commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
· A full driving licence
· MOT tester qualification – classes 4,5 & 7
· Relevant technical qualifications or experience
· Resourceful and flexible in your approach to work
· Commercially aware with an active interest in fleet management
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities.
Please contact Martyn Shoemark, Operational Section Leader – MOT on 01935 462848 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
You will be based primarily from the Lufton Depot in Yeovil where we operate agile working practices.
Closing Date – 10am 17/6/19
Job Ref – 1762