Case Officer – Service Delivery, Licensing
Delivering an excellent Licensing service.
Salary: £19,554 to £21,589
Hours: 37 hours a week, fixed term for 12 months
Look to apply now and become a valued member of the Service Delivery Case team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy, and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LGPS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 10% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for…
This is an opportunity to work within the Case Services Team to deliver an excellent Licensing service. We are looking for the following skills:-
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skill
- A good ability to work to deadlines
- Resilience due to the high levels of work involved
- Proactive with commitment to provision of excellent customer service with some previous experience in dealing with customer queries
- Resourceful and flexible in your approach
Appropriate training will be provided.
Case Officers handle the majority of activity of the service including working closely with members of the public and the wider service delivery team, ensuring applications are processed in accordance with service standards to meet the needs of the client in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner. You will be involved with processing applications, running reports, speaking to licence holders applicants and members of the public as well as issuing licences.
We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Sam Wenden-de-Lira, Case Service Team Leader on 01935 462346.
You will be based in the SSDC offices in Yeovil where we operate agile working practices, but you may need to travel to other offices.
Closing Date – 5pm 18/10/19
Interview Date – 29/10/19
Job Ref – 1783c