Case Officer Service Delivery
Delivering an excellent Disabled Facility Grant service.
Salary: £22,021 – £25,295
Hours: 37 hours per week – Fixed Term 24 month contract
We have a vacancy within our department. Look to apply now and become a valued member of the Service Delivery Case team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
· An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
· A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
· A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
· A significant employer contribution towards your LGPS defined benefit scheme pension pot
· 10% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for…
This is an opportunity to work within the Case Services Team to deliver an excellent Disabled Facility Grant service. We are looking for the following skills:-
· Proactive with commitment to provision of excellent customer service with some previous experience in dealing with customers
· Understanding the needs of clients with varying disabilities
· Resourceful and flexible in your approach
· Resilience due to the high levels of workload
· Excellent attention to detail
· Knowledge of construction
Knowledge of AutoCAD would be advantageous.
Case Officers handle the majority of activity of the service including working closely with the Occupational Health Team, ensuring projects are carried out to meet the needs of the client in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner, maintaining database and finance records, site visits and surveying, designing adaptations to properties in line with the needs of the client, liaising with contractors and housing associations, as well as our internal planning and building control officers.
We are striving to be great to work for, excellent to work with, leading the way and delivering for our communities.
For an informal chat about this post please contact Sam Wenden-de-Lira, Case Service Team Leader on 01935 462346.
You will be based in the SSDC offices in Yeovil where we operate agile working practices, full driving licence, and access to a vehicle with business use is essential.
Closing Date – 10am 16/9/19
Interview Date – w/c 30/9/19
Job Ref – 1795